SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
M/s. India Live 24 News Pvt. Ltd./LLP
Effective Date: 01st Day of January, Year 2018
- About Social Media Policy
This policy provides guidance for employee use of social media, which should be broadly understood for purposes of this policy to include blogs, wikis, microblogs, message boards, chat rooms, electronic newsletters, online forums, social networking sites, and other sites and services like Whatsapp or Google messenger that permit users to share information with others in a contemporaneous manner. This Policy is applicable to all employees of India Live 24 News or its subsidiaries in India, if any. Every Employee has to strictly abide by the principles laid down in Clause II of this policy herein below.
- Principles to be followed
The following principles apply to professional use of social media on behalf of India Live 24 News herein after referred to as “India live 24 News” as well as personal use of social media when referencing India Live 24 News viz:
- Employees need to know and adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, and other company policies when using social media in reference to Company.
- Employees should be aware of the effect their actions may have on their image, as well as Company’s image. The information that employees post or publish may be public information for a long time.
- Employees should be aware that Company may observe content and information made available by employees through social media. Employees should use their best judgment in posting material that is neither inappropriate nor harmful to Company, its employees, or clients.
- Although not an exclusive list, some specific examples of prohibited social media conduct include posting commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary, harassing, libelous, or that can create a hostile work environment.
- Employees are not to publish, post or release any information that is considered confidential or not public. If there are questions about what is considered confidential, employees should check with the Human Resources Department and/or supervisor.
- Social media networks, blogs and other types of online content sometimes generate press and media attention or legal questions. Employees should refer these inquiries to authorized Company spokespersons.
- If employees find or encounter a situation, while using social media, that threatens to become antagonistic, employees should disengage from the dialogue in a polite manner and seek the advice of a supervisor.
- Employees should get appropriate permission before they refer to or post images of current or former employees, members, vendors or suppliers. Additionally, employees should get appropriate permission to use a third party’s copyrights, copyrighted material, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property.
- Social media use shouldn’t interfere with employee’s responsibilities at Company. Company’s computer systems are to be used for business purposes only. When using Company’s computer systems, use of social media for business purposes is allowed (ex: Facebook, Twitter, Company blogs and LinkedIn, but personal use of social media networks or personal blogging of online content is discouraged and could result in disciplinary action.
- Subject to applicable law, online activity that violates the Company’s Code of Conduct or any other company policy may subject an employee to disciplinary action or termination.
- If employees publish content that involves work or subjects associated with Company, a disclaimer should be used, such as this: “The postings on this site are my own and may not represent [India Live 24 News] positions, strategies or opinions.”
- It is highly recommended that employees keep Company related social media accounts separate from personal accounts.
For M/s. India Live 24 News Pvt. Ltd/ LLP